FHFA Unveils New General Counsel
The Federal Housing Finance Agency (FHFA) named Clinton Jones as the agency’s new general counsel. Jones succeeds Alfred Pollard, who is retiring from the FHHA at the end of March.
“Alfred has served admirably as general counsel to every FHFA Director. I am grateful for his wise counsel, hard work, and dedication to the agency,” said Director Mark Calabria. “Clinton’s long-standing career in public service, in-depth legal expertise in housing policy, and executive leadership skills will help bolster FHFA’s work as a world-class prudential regulator.”
Pollard has been the only general counsel to serve the FHFA since it was formed in 2008. He also served as general counsel to its predecessor, the Office of Federal Housing Enterprise Oversight. Pollard also served on several presidential mortgage fraud task forces and as a member of the Administrative Conference of the United States. In 2014, Pollard was named by National Law Journal as one of “America’s 50 Outstanding General Counsel.”
Since 2019, Jones served as a senior advisor at FHFA. Prior to joining the Agency, he served for 24 years in various senior legal roles at the U.S. House of Representatives Committee on Financial Services, including general counsel, parliamentarian, and, most recently, senior counsel for the Housing and Insurance Subcommittee. Jones was also a vice president at Fannie Mae and an attorney advisor for the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.
Subscribe to the NMP Daily
FMJ Job Listings
- Vice President of TFCU Holdings - El Paso Area Teachers Federal Credit Union (TFCU) - El Paso, TX
- Mortgage Loan Originator - Fifth Third Bank - Streetsboro, OH
- Mortgage Loan Originator - Fifth Third Bank - Raleigh, NC
- Direct Channel Loan Originator - Fifth Third Bank - Richmond, VA
- Retail Personal Banker Associate II . Winter Park FL . Full Time - Fifth Third Bank - Winter Park, FL
- Personal Banker Associate II - Williamson Square (Franklin, TN) - Fifth Third Bank - Franklin, TN