Skip to main content

Fitch Assigns Expected Ratings To OBX 2023-NQM2 Trust

David Krechevsky
Feb 23, 2023
Fitch Ratings

The notes are supported by 910 loans with a UPB of approximately $420.7 million acquired by Annaly Capital Management.

Fitch Ratings said recently it expects to rate the residential mortgage-backed notes issued by the OBX 2023-NQM2 Trust. The transaction is scheduled to close on or about March 3, 2023.

The notes are supported by 910 loans with an unpaid principal balance (UPB) of approximately $420.7 million as of the cut-off date. The pool consists of fixed-rate mortgages (FRMs) and adjustable-rate mortgages (ARMs) acquired by Annaly Capital Management Inc. from various originators and aggregators that were not disclosed.

This is Annaly Capital’s second Non-QM securitization of 2023, after completing nine last year.

Of the loans, approximately 60.3% are designated as non-qualified mortgages (Non-QM); 1.2% are safe-harbor QM (SHQM); 0.6% are higher-priced QM (HPQM); and the remaining 37.9% are investment properties not subject to the Ability to Repay (ATR) Rule.

Fitch said it expects to assign the ratings as follows:

  • A-1: AAA (sf)
  • A-2: AA (sf)
  • A-3: A (sf)
  • M-1: BBB (sf)
  • B-1: BB (sf)
  • B-2: B (sf0
  • B-3, A-IO-S, R, XS: Not rated.

The collateral consists of 30- and 40-year fixed-rate and adjustable-rate mortgages (ARM). ARMs constitute 10.9% of the pool as calculated by Fitch, which includes 4.2% DSCR loans with a default interest rate feature; 17.7% are interest-only (IO) loans; the remaining 82.3% are fully amortizing loans.

The pool is seasoned approximately eight months in aggregate, as calculated by Fitch (five months per the transaction documents). Borrowers in this pool have a moderate credit profile with a Fitch-calculated weighted average (WA) FICO score of 742, debt-to-income ratio (DTI) of 43.7%, and moderate leverage of 76.8% sustainable loan to value ratio (sLTV).

To read the full report, visit

Feb 23, 2023
More from
Non-QM Lender Arc Home Hires Former Sprout President

Shea Pallante, who told Sprout employees the company was closing via a conference call last July, is Arc's new chief production officer.

Mar 20, 2023
Deephaven Names New Western RVP, Wholesale Sales

Industry veteran Patrick Creek to help boost Non-QM sales in Texas and points west.

Mar 20, 2023
Impac Mortgage Goes Broker

Says drastic changes, including winding down its TPO channel, are intended to help it 'navigate current market conditions.'

Mar 09, 2023
Newfi Wholesale Appoints New SVP, West Coast Sales

Calif.-based lender praises his experience & track record in Non-QM.

Mar 07, 2023
Ellington Financial Ends 2022 On Strong Note

Completes 8th Non-QM securitization as company rebounds to a profit in Q4.

Mar 03, 2023
LBC Mortgage Now Offering Non-QM, DSCR Loans

LA-based lender says Non-QM loans available only in California; DSCR program available in 38 states.

Mar 03, 2023