New book by Frank Gallinelli explains real estate by the numbers
Mastering Real Estate Investment: Examples, Metrics and Case Studies by Frank Gallinelli seeks to inform readers about 37 key real estate metrics and how they can be used to create a profitable investment strategy. These metrics, or formulas, are designed to help the investor, lender or broker evaluate an investment property's vital signs through critical measurements such as capitalization rate, discounted cash flow, internal rate of return and debt coverage ratio.
"To be successful as an investor in income-producing real estate, one must recognize that such investing is about the long-term building of wealth," Gallinelli says. "Real estate investing is a numbers game, and my metrics show the reader how to understand those numbers." In addition to in-depth descriptions of each metric, the book offers comprehensive case studies of four different kinds of property: Single-family rental, renovation project, apartment building and strip
shopping center. Challenges and opportunities related to each kind of property are explained in the context of the different metrics, blending information from previous chapters
to reach advanced principles on buying, selling and management.
Frank Gallinelli is the founder and president of RealData Inc., a real estate software firm that offers analysis tools to investors and developers. A graduate of Yale University, he is the author of What Every Real Estate Investor Needs to Know About Cash Flow and Insider Secrets to Financing Your Real Estate Investments. Gallinelli serves as an adjunct assistant professor at Columbia University's Master of Science in real estate development program.
For more information, visit www.realdata.com.
FMJ Job Listings
- CFR 2021-2022 International Affairs Fellowship in International Economics - Council on Foreign Relations - New York, NY
- Real Estate Loan Officer - Pacific Service Credit Union - Concord, CA
- Mortgage Loan Originator - Sovereign Lending Group - Costa Mesa, CA
- Mortgage Funding Processor - Pacific Service Credit Union - Concord, CA
- Mortgage Underwriter - Pacific Service Credit Union - Concord, CA
- Home Loan Consultant/Mortgage Loan Officer External - Frontwave Credit Union - 92056, CA