Appraisal Institute releases audio book on appraisal standards
The Appraisal Institute, the nation’s largest organization of real estate appraisers, has announced its first published audio book,“Scope of Work” by Stephanie Coleman, MAI, SRA. The book is intended to help appraisers meet the competency and ethical standards of the profession.
The scope of work concept, which is central to the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Standards, gives appraisers the flexibility to meet the needs of their clients. Misuse of the scope of work concept can be disastrous, but an appraiser who knows how to tailor each assignment to the circumstances of the appraisal can enjoy increased security, opportunity and success.
Stephanie Coleman, MAI, SRA, is the director of screening for the Appraisal Institute. She has more than 30 years of experience in the property valuation field and has been actively involved with the Appraisal Institute in the areas of appraisal standards, ethics and counseling, education, and publications. She is the author of “Understanding Limited Appraisals and Appraisal Reporting Options,” published by the Appraisal Institute in 1994, and co-developed a seminar by the same name. She was involved in the development of the Appraisal Institute's “Scope of Work” seminar. Coleman is a past member of the Appraisal Standards Board of The Appraisal Foundation, the body responsible for developing and interpreting the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice. She is an Appraiser Qualifications Board-approved USPAP instructor and is actively engaged in teaching classes on USPAP throughout the United States.
For more information, visit www.appraisalinstitute.org.
FMJ Job Listings
- Retail Personal Banker Associate II - County Line Region - Fifth Third Bank - AURORA, IL
- Retail Personal Banker Associate I - Fifth Third Bank - Jacksonville, FL
- Mortgage MP Escrow Processor II - Fifth Third Bank - Wilmington, OH
- Mortgage Direct Sales Assistant - Fifth Third Bank - Cincinnati, OH
- Preferred Relationship Manager - Augusta, GA - Fifth Third Bank - Augusta, GA
- Financial Center Manager Associate - Fifth Third Bank - KENWOOD, OH