Peter Brown joins Southwest Securities as SVP, director of special assets
Peter Brown has joined Southwest Securities FSB, the commercial banking subsidiary of SWS Group Inc., as senior vice president, director of special assets. Brown brings 20-plus years of experience in the banking industry to his new role with Southwest Securities. Over the course of his career, he has built an extensive track record of success overseeing special asset and risk management functions. He has held senior level positions with Capital One, Comerica Bank–Texas and BancTexas, Dallas, NA.
"We're pleased to welcome aboard an individual of Peter's experience and expertise," said Jerry Pavlas, the bank's chief operating officer. "His history of success in managing special asset sales and recoveries will make him an important member of the Southwest Securities, FSB team."
Brown comes to Southwest Securities from Capital One where he most recently served as senior vice president, special assets division. In that role, he oversaw all aspects of default servicing and sales of distressed assets. He also served as senior director of retail risk management with Capital One. Brown was vice president–manager, retail loan administration servicing with Comerica Bank and also served as loan recovery officer with the special assets division of BancTexas. He began his career as credit analyst with First State Bank of McKinney. Brown is a member of the Consumer Bankers Association and the Risk Management Association.
For more information, visit www.swsgroupinc.com.
FMJ Job Listings
- CS Lending Officer - Plano, TX (Bilingual) - Bank Of America - Plano, TX
- Community Lending Officer - South OC / San Diego / Riverside - Bank Of America - Aliso Viejo, CA
- Mortgage Loan Cooridinator - Bilingual - Charlotte - Bank Of America - Charlotte, NC
- CS Lending Officer - Bilingual - Charlotte - Bank Of America - Charlotte, NC
- Financial Center Lending Officer - Sumner - Bank Of America - Sumner, WA
- Financial Center Lending Officer - Cameron Park, CA (Cameron Park FC) - Bank Of America - Cameron Park, CA