Nevada AG Targets Loan Mod Scammer
Nevada Attorney General Catherine Cortez Masto announced a preliminary hearing has been set for Xochitl Cervantes of Las Vegas, for her involvement in a mortgage lending fraud case involving several victims operating under the name of CSR Services. “I encourage victims or anyone with more information regarding this case or any mortgage lending fraud to come forward,” said Masto.
Cervantes is charged with two felony counts of mortgage lending fraud, one felony counts of embezzlement, eight felony counts of uttering a forged instrument, one felony count of multiple transactions involving fraud and deceit in the course of enterprise and occupation, and one felony count of pattern of mortgage lending fraud.
From approximately March 2009 to May 2010, Cervantes made false representations that she was capable of rescuing homeowners who were looking to refinance their mortgages by negotiating loan modifications. She collected up-front fees, in most cases ranging from $2,100 to $2,500, for the proposed services that were never performed or refunds provided.
Cervantes, who faces a 20-year prison sentence.
FMJ Job Listings
- Fulfillment Center Manager - Guild Mortgage Company - sacramento,
- Underwriter III - WORK FROM HOME CAPIBILITY - Guild Mortgage Company - St. Charles,
- Underwriter Assistant - Guild Mortgage Company - Bellevue,
- Consumer Loan Underwriter - Comerica - , NA
- Mortgage Loan Processor - First Commerce Credit Union - , GA
- Sales & Service Rep - Undisclosed - Prospect, KY