Study Finds That Demand for Housing Counselors Continues
MortgageKeeper Referral Services has released its Homeowner Needs Status Report for the first quarter of 2013 (Jan. 1-March 31, 2013). The report showed that homeowners received more than 300,000 referrals (requests for local assistance) from MortgageKeeper so far in 2013—41 percent more than the level of referrals for the same period last year. The most in demand local assistance categories are housing and credit counseling, assistance with utility, food, and prescription costs, and employment resources.
“While the housing crisis is clearly easing, people still need help,” said Rochelle Nawrocki Gorey, president of MortgageKeeper Referral Services. “We are grateful for a stronger housing market, but many homeowners are still underemployed, facing negative equity, or need assistance in securing a smooth transition to rental housing.”
Counselors and servicers who subscribe to MortgageKeeper’s database provide struggling homeowners with a list of exhaustively researched, best-in-class nonprofit and government agencies in seconds. Often the agencies are located close to the homeowner, and help them to reduce their monthly expenses and channel this savings into their home loan.
FMJ Job Listings
- Business Development Mortgage Originator - ESL Federal Credit Union - Rochester, NY
- Assistant Vice President - Mortgage Origination - WESTconsin Credit Union - Menomonie, WI
- Sr Dir GSI Operations & Underwriting - Standard, The - Portland, OR
- Personal Banker - Washington Market Locations: Seattle Metro - Seattle Northeast Metro - Bellevue - Peninsula, WA (WWA) - JPMorgan Chase and - Seattle, WA
- Mortgage Wholesale Specialist III - Santander - Villanova, PA
- Mortgage Loan Officer - American Financial Network - Levittown, PA