Barney Frank Pushes for Clinton-Warren Teaming
The co-author of the Dodd-Frank Act is advocating the selection of Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) as Hillary Clinton’s running mate in this year’s election.
According to a Daily Beast report, Barney Frank used an appearance on Chelsea Handler’s Netflix talk show to promote Warren’s candidacy, adding that her selection will attract Democratic voters that favored Sen. Bernie Sanders over Clinton in the primaries while breaking a longstanding tradition in presidential politics.
“I am very much an enthusiast for Sen. Elizabeth Warren,” Frank said. “I think Elizabeth Warren would do the best job of reassuring the people who voted for Sanders … A woman for president of the United States is about as unconventional as you can get, given our history. For her to defy the rules and pick another woman as her running mate is one more sign that no, she’s not the staid, stolid person they say [she is].”
Frank also downplayed reports that Wall Street donors would avoid Clinton’s campaign if Warren was her running mate. “They don’t get a veto,” said Frank about the allegedly unhappy donors.
FMJ Job Listings
- Personal Banker II - Brevard, NC - Fifth Third Bank - Brevard, NC
- Personal Banker II - Central Charlotte, NC - Fifth Third Bank - Charlotte, NC
- Financial Center Manager II - Fifth Third Bank - BRENTWOOD, TN
- Retail Personal Banker I - Fifth Third Bank - BONITA SPRINGS, FL
- Retail Personal Banker Associate I - Fifth Third Bank - NAPLES, FL
- Retail Personal Banker Associate II - Fifth Third Bank - Pembroke Pines, FL