Financial Services Roundtable Adds Meg Burns as SVP of Mortgage Policy
June 12, 2017
The Financial Services Roundtable (FSR) has announced the hiring of Meg Burns as senior vice president of Mortgage Policy to bolster its housing finance reform advocacy efforts. Burns’ hiring comes after FSR recently hired Ed DeMarco, former Federal Housing Finance Agency (FHFA) Director, as new Housing Policy Council (HPC) President.
“With housing finance reform, FHA, and mortgage servicing among our most pressing policy issues today, Meg’s addition will accelerate HPC’s ability to engage with our members and with lawmakers and regulatory agencies on these matters,” said DeMarco.
Burns comes to FSR as a partner of The Collingwood Group. Prior to Collingwood, Burns served as senior associate director of the Office of Housing and Regulatory Policy at the FHFA, where she managed various policy and regulatory initiatives involving single-family and multifamily finance and loss mitigation strategies, as well as insurance-related activities of the government-sponsored enterprises (GSEs). She was actively involved in industry-wide discussions regarding the role of the federal government in addressing the mortgage crisis. Burns previously led FHFA’s Office of Congressional Affairs and Communications, where she was responsible for handling external relations for the agency.
Before joining FHFA, Meg was the Director of the Office of Single Family Program Development for the U.S. Department of Housing & Urban Development’s Federal Housing Administration (FHA). She oversaw all origination policies related to FHA’s single-family programs. Meg managed three divisions, handling valuation, credit policy, and counseling services.
FMJ Job Listings
- Branch Manager/Houston, TX - Anheuser-Busch Employees' Credit Union - Houston, TX
- Retail Mortgage Loan Originator - Plano - BOK Financial Corporation - Plano, TX
- Retail Loan Originator - EverBank - Islandia, NY
- Retail Direct Loan Officer Sr - EverBank - Chesterfield, MO
- Full Time Floating Customer Service Representative - Fulton Financial Corporation - Ellicott City, MD
- Full Time Customer Service Representative - Fulton Financial Corporation - Glen Allen, VA