Equity National Title Unveils e-Ways County Search Site
October 12, 2017
Equity National Title has unveiled its “e-closing” hub for mortgage lenders, dubbed e-Ways, designed to advise of the types of digital closings available at a zip code level.
“Although the promise of the digital mortgage closing is powerful, the reality is that we’re confronting a lot of complexity in what can and cannot be achieved state by state and county by county,” said James K. O’Donnell Esq.; President of Equity National Title. “Some counties may allow for some levels of e-signing but they may not allow a full e-closing. Other counties may not be aligned with state directives when it comes to remote notarization, or they might require the parties to make use of only one specific e-provider. Still other counties won’t accept an e-notarized deed. For lenders wanting to execute an e-closing strategy, especially over a wider geographic footprint especially, it can be dizzying. That’s why we designed e-Ways. It simplifies their decision-making.”
e-Ways will advise users whether the key authorities in each zip code accept none, all or some combination of the four existing types of closing: Fully digital; hybrid; remote notary or traditional.
“The risks, costs and confusion associated with trying to decipher e-capable markets have lenders seeking a better way,” said O’Donnell. “Equity National Title is delighted to provide this service. Our ability to close loans in all 50 states coupled with e-Ways can help lenders e-close nationwide.
FMJ Job Listings
- Transaction Manager - Roosevelt Management Company - Dallas, TX
- Private Client Banker - SF Valley North - Northridge, CA (including Porter Ranch, Granada Hills and surrounding areas) - JPMorgan Chase and - Los Angeles, CA
- Customer Service Representative - Mortgage Servicing - Elevations Credit Union - Broomfield, CO
- Coordinator Contracts - Hilton Grand Vacations (HGV) - New York, NY
- Wholesale Account Executive - Loan Depot - Charlotte, NC
- Mortgage Loan Originator- St Petersburg - Synovus Financial Corp. - Saint Petersburg, FL