Ocwen Names Christopher Whalen Senior Consultant/Advisor
October 12, 2017
Ocwen Financial Corporation has named Christopher Whalen, Chairman of Whalen Global Advisors LLC, as a Senior Consultant and Advisor to the company. Whalen brings nearly three decades of financial experience to the role, with a specific focus on the financial services, mortgage finance and technology sectors.
Whalen, an investment banker and author, has worked as a financial professional in Washington, New York and London. Before founding Whalen Global Advisors LLC, he was Senior Managing Director and Head of Research at Kroll Bond Rating Agency from 2014-2017. In this role, Whalen was responsible for ratings by the firm’s Financial Institutions and Corporate Ratings Groups. Previously, he was a Co-Founder and Principal of Institutional Risk Analytics from 2003-2013.
Ocwen expects to benefit from Whalen’s experience, knowledge and insight of the mortgage finance sector, especially in areas such as strategy, risk management and counterparty relations.
During his career, Whalen also held positions in organizations such as the House Republican Conference Committee; the Federal Reserve Bank of New York; Bear, Stearns & Company; Prudential Securities and Carrington Mortgage Holdings.
FMJ Job Listings
- Universal Banker Woodland Park at Community Banks of Colorado - NBH Bank - Woodland Park, CO
- Universal Banker (Parker Stroh) at Community Banks of Colorado - NBH Bank - Parker, CO
- Retail Mortgage Loan Officer - Springfield Mobank - BOK Financial Corporation - Springfield, MO
- Mortgage Loan Officer - Fidelity Bank - Burleson, TX
- Retail Branch Sales Manager - EverBank - Orlando, FL
- Retail Branch Sales Manager - EverBank - Naples, FL