Capital One Exits the Mortgage Business
November 8, 2017
Capital One Financial Corp. has announced more than 900 layoffs in its departure from the home loan and home equity industries.
According a Dallas Morning News report, the company’s closure of its mortgage business will result in the termination of 750 jobs in its Plano, Texas, operations and the loss of 155 employees in its centers in St. Cloud, Minn., and Melville, N.Y. The McLean, Va.-based company will continue the servicing of pending and existing residential mortgages, but will cease originating new loans.
Sanjiv Yajnik, President of Financial Services for Capital One, sent an e-mail to employees yesterday lamenting that the mortgage and home equity "businesses are in a structurally disadvantaged position, given the challenging rate environment and marketplace." The company will instead devote more attention to its auto lending business, which Yajnik forecast as having "an incredible future," along with its credit card and retail banking businesses.
FMJ Job Listings
- Licensing Specialist - Trinity Financial Services, LLC - Newport Beach, CA
- Risk Model Development and Validation Management - PricewaterhouseCoopers - New York, NY
- Retail Personal Banker Associate II - Fifth Third Bank - NASHVILLE, TN
- Mortgage Sales Assistant - Fifth Third Bank - ROLLING MEADOWS, IL
- Associate Wealth Management Advisor - Fifth Third Bank - Cincinnati, OH
- Retail Personal Banker Associate I - Fifth Third Bank - GRAND RAPIDS, MI