Hensarling Aide Named CFPB Chief of Staff
January 8, 2018
Kirsten Sutton Mork has been named chief of staff of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB), a position previously held by the agency’s Deputy Director, Leandra English.
Mork is Staff Director of the House Financial Services Committee, a position she’s held for the past four years, and she is expected to join the CFPB in the next few weeks. Rep. Jeb Hensarling (R-TX), the committee’s chairman, praised the appointment.
"As one of my longest-serving and most dedicated aides, Kirsten has been an indispensable adviser to me for the last nine years. Her leadership, deep understanding of financial policy and the legislative process, strength of character, and commitment to conservative principles have been vital to the great victories the committee has achieved for the American People during her tenure here," said Hensarling in a press statement.
Hensarling, who is not seeking re-election this year, has been floated in the media as a potential replacement to Richard Cordray as the CFPB’s Director. However, the White House has not commented on when a new Director will be announced.
FMJ Job Listings
- Financial Center Operations Manager Austin, TX - 8627 Research Blvd -Bilingual Spanish required - Bank of America - Austin, TX
- Vice President of Finance - Municipal Employees Credit Union of Baltimore - Baltimore, MD
- Vice President - Underwriting - Waterstone Mortgage Corporation - Pewaukee, WI
- Mortgage Loan Originator - Transcend Credit Union - Louisville, KY
- AVP, Fixed Income, Risk and Analytics - Lincoln Financial Group - Radnor, PA
- Associate Producer - Commercial Real Estate Finance - NorthMarq Capital - White Plains, NY