Florida Leads the Nation in Home Insurance Costs
March 7, 2018
When it comes to home insurance, homeowners in Florida are paying much, much more than residents in the other states.
According to a new study from Insurance.com, Florida homeowners pay an average of $3,575, which is 191 percent higher than the national average of $1,228. Other states with higher-than-average home insurance costs are Louisiana ($2,979, or 143 percent higher), Oklahoma ($1,265, or 116 percent), Alabama ($2,314, or 88 percent) and Mississippi ($2,290, or 83 percent).
As for the state with the lowest home insurance average, that’s Hawaii with an average of $337, or 73 percent below the national average. Runner-up to Hawaii is Vermont, with an average of $589, or 52 percent below the national average.
FMJ Job Listings
- Account Executive - Plaza Home Mortgage - Denver, CO
- Vice President of Loan Portfolio & Product Management - Houston Police Credit Union - Houston, TX
- Business Development Officer II - Corporate Center - Republic Bank - Louisville, KY
- Loan Review/Documentation Specialist - DHG-CRM - Raleigh, NC
- Mortgage Loan Underwriter - Tulsa Federal Credit Union - Tulsa, OK
- Retail Personal Banker Associate I-Shelby - Fifth Third Bank - BRIGHTON, MI