Florida Leads the Nation in Home Insurance Costs
March 7, 2018
When it comes to home insurance, homeowners in Florida are paying much, much more than residents in the other states.
According to a new study from Insurance.com, Florida homeowners pay an average of $3,575, which is 191 percent higher than the national average of $1,228. Other states with higher-than-average home insurance costs are Louisiana ($2,979, or 143 percent higher), Oklahoma ($1,265, or 116 percent), Alabama ($2,314, or 88 percent) and Mississippi ($2,290, or 83 percent).
As for the state with the lowest home insurance average, that’s Hawaii with an average of $337, or 73 percent below the national average. Runner-up to Hawaii is Vermont, with an average of $589, or 52 percent below the national average.
FMJ Job Listings
- Production Analyst (Multifamily, Chicago) - FREDDIE MAC - Chicago, IL
- Vice President of Lending - University Credit Union - Miami, FL
- Relationship Banker - Gulf to Bay - Synovus Financial Corp. - Clearwater, FL
- Manager of Branch Level 2 - Regency - F.N.B Corporation - Mentor, OH
- Full Time Head Teller - Fulton Financial Corporation - Macungie, PA
- Associate Commercial Underwriter, Multifamily Loans - Prudential - Arlington, VA