Warren Predicts New Crash If Dodd-Frank Reform Passes
March 9, 2018
Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) is insisting that the passage of S. 2155, the Economic Growth, Regulatory Relief, and Consumer Protection Act, will lead to another Great Recession within a decade.
According to a Washington Examiner report, Warren used a Senate floor speech to warn of pending doom and gloom.
“I will make a prediction,” Sen. Warren said. “This bill will pass. And if the banks get their way, in the next 10 years or so, there will be another financial crisis.”
Earlier this week, the Senate voted 67-32 to end debate on a motion to proceed with the bill, which is designed to roll back some of more onerous aspects of the Dodd-Frank Act. Seventeen Democrats voted in favor of this motion, which infuriated Warren, who has tried start a social media movement by calling the bill #BankLobbyistAct on Twitter.
However, Warren admitted that her vocal opposition to the legislation is creating ill-will with her colleagues. “Since I called out some of my Democratic colleagues for their support, I’ve been taking heat from fellow Democrats,” she wrote in an op-ed for Medium. “I get it — no one likes to be criticized, let alone by someone on their team.”
FMJ Job Listings
- Head of Credit Risk - Private Bank - Oakwood Search - San Jose, CA
- Home Lending Manager - Northern Indiana - Ft. Wayne - JPMorgan Chase and - Fort Wayne, IN
- Credit Risk Officer II (Financial Institutions) - Santander - Dorchester Center, MA
- Personal Banker - Washington Market Locations: North WA - Northwest WA - Eastern WA and Surrounding Areas (WWA) - JPMorgan Chase and - Everett, WA
- Wholesale Account Executive - Loan Depot - Franklin, TN
- Business Banking Center Mgr I (Liberty North) at (Bank Midwest) - NBH Bank - Liberty, MO