West Virginia Begins Using Uniform Mortgage Test
June 1, 2018
The CSBS has announced that the West Virginia Division of Financial Institutions began using the National SAFE Mortgage Loan Originator (MLO) Test with Uniform State Content, bringing the total number of state agencies that use the test to 58.
The test combines both the national and state testing requirements of the SAFE Act. Previously, West Virginia licensees had to take two tests: One national and one state. The new test replaces the separate, state-specific tests. A license applicant who passes the National SAFE MLO Test with Uniform State Content will not need to take any additional state-specific tests to hold a license within participating states.
“The West Virginia Division of Financial Institutions is committed to commonsense regulation of the financial services industry and protecting West Virginians from financial crime,” said Commissioner Dawn E. Holstein. “Professionals can become licensed as loan originators efficiently and affordably through this new streamlined process. We are pleased to offer this path to licensure in West Virginia.”
Louisiana Commissioner and State Regulatory Registry Chair John Ducrest said, “West Virginia’s adoption of the Uniform Standard Test is yet another critical step toward a single national testing standard for mortgage loan originators. State agencies that have adopted the test have witnessed a significant increase in mortgage license applications. This reflects the efficiency the uniform test brings to the licensing process and the expanded opportunity for conducting multi-state business.”
FMJ Job Listings
- Risk Model Development and Validation Management - PricewaterhouseCoopers - New York, NY
- Retail Personal Banker Associate II - Fifth Third Bank - NASHVILLE, TN
- Mortgage Sales Assistant - Fifth Third Bank - ROLLING MEADOWS, IL
- Associate Wealth Management Advisor - Fifth Third Bank - Cincinnati, OH
- Retail Personal Banker Associate I - Fifth Third Bank - GRAND RAPIDS, MI
- Financial Center Manager Associate - Fifth Third Bank - GRAND RAPIDS, MI