NYAMB Names Michael G. Barone Counsel
June 6, 2018
Abrams Garfinkel Margolis Bergson (AGMB) has announced that Michael G. Barone, the Managing Partner of the firm’s Mortgage Compliance Practice, has been named Counsel to the New York Association of Mortgage Brokers (NYAMB). The firm already serves as Counsel to the Empire State Mortgage Banking Association (ESMBA).
Barone has extensive experience in representing and providing guidance to nationally recognized Mortgage Lenders and Mortgage Brokers and has worked on all types of federal and state compliance, transactional and litigation matters for the past 20 years. He is also a frequent speaker at various mortgage industry and association meetings across the country.
Barone is admitted to the Bars of New York State and New Jersey. He is a graduate of the Maurice A. Deane School of Law at Hofstra University, where he served as the Notes and Comments Editor for the Labor and Employment Law Journal.
NYAMB recently announced the creation of its NYAMB Compliance Line to provide members who have questions or concerns regarding residential mortgage compliance matters with an experienced, centralized source of information. Questions called into the Compliance Line will be responded to by Barone and AGMB’s team of attorneys.
Barone will also be providing quarterly Webinars, which are available to NYAMB members and serve as a frequent contributor to the NYAMB newsletter.
“AGMB is a Diamond Member of the NYAMB and it is an honor to serve as Counsel to a wonderful organization of which we have been members for so many years,” Barone said. “I will use my knowledge and experience in providing the necessary legal guidance in assisting the organization in meeting its mission.”
FMJ Job Listings
- Licensing Specialist - Trinity Financial Services, LLC - Newport Beach, CA
- Risk Model Development and Validation Management - PricewaterhouseCoopers - New York, NY
- Retail Personal Banker Associate II - Fifth Third Bank - NASHVILLE, TN
- Mortgage Sales Assistant - Fifth Third Bank - ROLLING MEADOWS, IL
- Associate Wealth Management Advisor - Fifth Third Bank - Cincinnati, OH
- Retail Personal Banker Associate I - Fifth Third Bank - GRAND RAPIDS, MI