MEP Assists in Home Improvements for Disabled Widow of Veteran
November 13, 2018
Mortgage Equity Partners (MEP) staffers recently joined with industry colleagues from Rebuilding Together Boston and the Massachusetts Mortgage Bankers Association to rebuild the home of a 77-year-old widow of a disabled veteran in the Dorchester section of Boston. The homeowner and her husband purchased the home at auction in 1994. Unfortunately, her husband succumbed to cancer in 2004, and since then, she has struggled to maintain the property, having suffered from multiple health challenges.
Volunteers joined forces to assist this deserving family, as the combination of volunteers and generous financial contributions were responsible for the following home improvements: A new kitchen with new appliances; installation of windows; installation of new doors; indoor painting/repair of rooms/railings; landscaping/new patio/and painted gate; rebuilt porch roof and ceiling; plumbing and electrical work; health and safety updates; and much more.
“I had no idea what to expect when I signed up for this project, but it just felt like the right thing to do,” said Shawn P. McGee, Renovation Lending Manager at Mortgage Equity Partners. “I have quite a bit of experience in the home renovation field and I wanted to be able to help. The nice thing is that we had no idea who we would be helping or where we would be going when we volunteered, but this situation and this family really touched my heart. I was happy to help the family of a veteran.”
FMJ Job Listings
- Mortgage Loan Originator - North Evansville, IN - Fifth Third Bank - EVANSVILLE, IN
- Retail Personal Banker Associate i - Fifth Third Bank - Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Financial Center Manager II - Chicago Heights - Fifth Third Bank - SOUTH CHICAGO HEIGHTS, IL
- Retail Personal Banker Associate II- Dearborn - Fifth Third Bank - DEARBORN, MI
- Retail Personal Banker Associate I. - Fifth Third Bank - Niles, MI
- Retail Personal Banker Associate II - Fifth Third Bank - NAPLES, FL