Ex-HUD Chief Castro Planning for 2020 Bid
November 16, 2018
Former U.S. Housing & Urban Development (HUD) Secretary Julián Castro met with potential donors earlier this week to plan a campaign for the 2020 Democratic Party nomination.
According to a Politico report citing unnamed “sources familiar with the gathering,” Castro and his twin brother Rep. Joaquin Castro (D-TX) held a meeting in San Antonio with 20 donors and bundlers that began to strategize a presidential campaign. The Castro brothers even left the room at one point to enable those present to speak among themselves on the viability of this potential campaign.
Castro was the mayor of San Antonio before being tapped as HUD Secretary for President Barack Obama’s second term. He has already made visits to the early primary states, formed his own Political Action Committee, and met with Latino leaders in Washington to discuss a possible presidential bid. Castro was cited as a potential running mate for Hillary Clinton in 2016, but she chose Sen. Tim Kaine (D-VA) for her campaign.
FMJ Job Listings
- Retail Personal Banker I - Fifth Third Bank - PALM HARBOR, FL
- Retail Personal Banker Associate II - Fifth Third Bank - WOODHAVEN, MI
- Mortgage Loan Originator - Augusta area, GA - Fifth Third Bank - Augusta, GA
- Financial Center Manager Associate. - Fifth Third Bank - CARMEL, IN
- Financial Center Manager Associate - Gurnee - Fifth Third Bank - GURNEE, IL
- Mortgage Loan Originator - Atlanta area, GA - Fifth Third Bank - Atlanta, GA