AFR to Pay Agent Fees on VA Loans
November 10, 2018
American Financial Resources Inc. (AFR) has announced that beginning on Veteran’s Day, it will pay any required VA agent fees for its brokers and correspondents on all AFR-related VA loan submissions.
The Veterans Administration generally requires an annual fee of $100 per third-party originator for each entity that sponsors their origination. AFR will now pay this fee on behalf of its brokers and correspondents on AFR-related VA loans.
“VA loans are appealing to eligible veterans and their qualified spouses because they offer many benefits to help past and present military personnel purchase or refinance a home,” said Bill Packer, AFR Chief Operating Officer. “Covering the VA agent fees is another way for us to help our partners succeed, and in this case, as they help our nation’s heroes truly come home. All of us at AFR consider it a privilege to assist eligible veterans and their families as they explore home financing options. Originators should focus on educating veterans and their families of the benefits available to them, and ensuring they obtain the best possible financing package, without worrying about an agent fee interfering with the process.”
FMJ Job Listings
- Underwriter - CBRE - Newport Beach, CA
- Senior Vice President, Marketing - Alaska USA Federal Credit Union - Anchorage, AK
- VAS - Vice President - CBRE - Boise, ID
- Underwriter - CBRE - Oak Brook, IL
- External Mortgage Loan Officer - Anheuser-Busch Employees' Credit Union - St. Louis, MO
- Chief Lending Officer - Credit Union of Georgia - Woodstock, GA