The Best Day to Buy a House Is …
November 20, 2018
When it comes to house hunting, the best day to score the deepest discount on a property is the day after Christmas, according to an analysis from ATTOM Data Solutions.
How did Dec. 26 become the best day for homebuying? ATTOM Data Solutions said that it studied more than 18 million single family home and condo sales over the last five years and found only 10 days out of the year where discounts were being offered at below the estimated market value. Dec. 26 had the steepest discount, averaging 1.3 percent, with Dec. 7 coming in second at a one percent discount.
All told, seven of the days with discounts below market value were in December, with one each in October, November and February. For the rest of the year, home sales averaged 3.8 percent over the estimated market value.
FMJ Job Listings
- Underwriter - CBRE - Newport Beach, CA
- Senior Vice President, Marketing - Alaska USA Federal Credit Union - Anchorage, AK
- VAS - Vice President - CBRE - Boise, ID
- Underwriter - CBRE - Oak Brook, IL
- External Mortgage Loan Officer - Anheuser-Busch Employees' Credit Union - St. Louis, MO
- Chief Lending Officer - Credit Union of Georgia - Woodstock, GA