Mnuchin: I’m Not Leaving
December 19, 2018
While the Executive Branch hierarchy may seem like a revolving door, Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin insisted that he plans to stay in his job through the 2020 presidential election and maybe into a second Trump term.
In an interview with Bloomberg, Mnuchin insisted, “I foresee myself here at least through the first term and if the president wants me here for a second term when he’s re-elected, I would seriously entertain that.”
Mnuchin added that he was happy at the Treasury and was not seeking a new opportunity within the administration. Several press reports speculated that Mnuchin would replace John Kelly as White House Chief of Staff, but that vacancy is being filled on an acting basis by Office and Management Budget Director Mick Mulvaney, who just finished a one-year term as acting director of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
FMJ Job Listings
- Direct Channel Loan Originator - Fifth Third Bank - Cincinnati, OH
- Mortgage Loan Originator. - Fifth Third Bank - TAMPA, FL
- Retail Personal Banker II - Growth - Cary - Fifth Third Bank - CRYSTAL LAKE, IL
- Financial Center Manager Associate - Fifth Third Bank - Sarasota, FL
- Retail Referring PB II - Mature - Island Lake - Fifth Third Bank - ISLAND LAKE, IL
- Financial Center Manager Associate - Fifth Third Bank - Nashville, TN