Study: Homes with Swimming Pools Have Higher Median Prices
August 22, 2019
A house with a swimming pool has a higher median price than one that is pool-free, according to new data from LendingTree.
The median home with a pool is valued at $469,187, according to LendingTree’s analysis, while the median home without a pool is valued at $305,152, a 54 percent difference. Among the major metro areas, Phoenix has the most homes with swimming pools – 32.7 percent, which is no surprise considering it experiences more than 100 days above 100 degrees a year. The median value of Phoenix homes with pools is $355,000, while those without a pool carries a median price of $224,000.
At the other end of the spectrum, the two priciest metro areas in the Pacific Northwest, Portland and Seattle, have the least number of homes with swimming pools at 1 percent and 1.3 percent, respectively. But even in these markets, homes with a pools had higher media prices than those without: $574,000 versus $385,000 in Portland and $346,000 versus $170,000 in Seattle.
FMJ Job Listings
- Client Engagement Manager - Experian - Costa Mesa, CA
- Transaction Coordinator - Guild Mortgage Company - Sacramento,
- Mortgage Sales Assistant - Fifth Third Bank - OAK PARK, IL
- Retail Personal Banker Associate II - Fifth Third Bank - MARCO ISLAND, FL
- Preferred Relationship Manager - Oak Lawn - Fifth Third Bank - OAK PARK, IL
- Personal Banker II -South Holland - Fifth Third Bank - South Holland, IL