Tappable Equity at Record High
August 29, 2019
Tappable equity, defined as the share of equity available for homeowners with mortgages to borrow against before reaching a maximum total combined loan-to-value of 80 percent, reached a record high in the second quarter, according to data from Black Knight Inc.
The second quarter’s level of $6.3 trillion was up by more than $335 billion and marked second consecutive quarterly increase. The second quarter’s level was 26 percent above the mid-2006 peak of $5 trillion.
Black Knight also noted that 49 percent of the 45 million homeowners with tappable equity have first lien interest rates greater than 4.25 percent, which makes refinancing an appealing prospect. And 76 percent of these homeowners have rates at or above 3.75 percent.
FMJ Job Listings
- Mortgage Loan Originator/Processor - WV Housing Development Fund - Charleston, WV
- Mortgage Loan Originator - Isabella Community Credit Union - Mt Pleasant, MI
- Vice President / Mortgage Loan Manager - Whitefish Credit Union - Whitefish, MT
- Counsel - Wyndham Destinations - Orlando, FL
- Senior Counsel Single-Family Real Estate Transactions - FREDDIE MAC - McLean, VA
- Membership Advantage RM II - Fifth Third Bank - OAK PARK, IL