NewDay USA Awards Scholarships to Children of Servicemembers
September 11, 2019
NewDay USA has awarded scholarships to six children of veterans and servicemembers who have fought and died in the War on Terror. The scholarships cover the full four-year tuition at the Georgia Military College Preparatory School in Milledgeville, Ga.
"Our servicemembers and their families have sacrificed so much to protect this nation," said NewDay USA Chairman Retired Rear Admiral Thomas Lynch. "Being able to help these families—particularly on a solemn day like September 11—is an honor for the entire NewDay team."
The latest awards bring to more than 60 the number of scholarships that have been awarded by NewDay through its NewDay USA Foundation, which provides four-year scholarships to the children of fallen and severely disabled military veterans to attend JROTC military high schools across the nation. At least one parent of each recipient has been deployed during the Global War on Terror.
"The people at NewDay recognize the enormous sacrifices servicemembers, Veterans and their families make, and we are all incredibly grateful," said Lt. General William Caldwell (Ret.), President of Georgia Military College.
FMJ Job Listings
- Direct Channel Loan Originator - Fifth Third Bank - Wilmington, OH
- Consumer Loan Credit Underwriting Manager - Fifth Third Bank - Cincinnati, OH
- Retail Personal Banker Associate II - Fifth Third Bank - NAPLES, FL
- Retail Personal Banker Associate I - Fifth Third Bank - NAPLES, FL
- Retail Personal Banker Associate II - Fifth Third Bank - St. Petersburg, FL
- Retail Personal Banker Associate I - Fifth Third Bank - St. Petersburg, FL