Better.com to Hire More Veterans
November 11, 2019
Better.com, a homeownership fintech, has announced plans to hire 80 veterans through Shift.org, a hiring pipeline from the military to high-growth startups.
The company added it would seek to hire an additional 5,000 veterans and military spouses by the year 2025. In addition to its New York City headquarters, it recently opened new California offices in Costa Mesa and Oakland plus an office in Charlotte, N.C., and plans to have offices in Las Vegas, Kansas City and Honolulu next year.
“Veterans are an untapped source of talent that learned, operated and adapted to some of the world’s most innovative technologies from VR to robotics, nuclear technology and cyber,” said Vishal Garg, CEO and founder of Better.com. “Whereas most managers may feel confused when staring at the resume of a Bomb Disposal Officer, I see that as invaluable experience that shows qualities of an employee who can improvise, adapt and stay cool under pressure. As the chief executive of a rapidly-growing startup, we deeply value people with discipline, confidence, a strong work ethic, leadership skills and most importantly a desire to selflessly serve others—all skills that veterans have earned in the military, which often get overlooked and underappreciated. This is an unfortunate reality and we aim to change it with our hiring pledge.”
FMJ Job Listings
- Wealth Management Lending Officer - Bank Of America - Houston, TX
- Sr. Lending Officer - Woodland Hills Area, CA - Bank Of America - Woodland Hills, CA
- Mortgage Underwriting Manager - band 5 - Bank Of America - Brea, CA
- Financial Center Loan Officer- West Paces Ferry - Bank Of America - Atlanta, GA
- Condo CoOp Project Review Specialist - Bank Of America - New York, NY
- Retail Personal Banker Associate I - Fifth Third Bank - VENICE, FL