HUD Issues RFI for Reducing Affordable Housing Costs
December 2, 2019
The U.S. Department of Housing & Urban Development (HUD) has issued a Request for Information (RFI) seeking public comment on laws, regulations and administrative practices that result in increased costs of affordable housing development.
In this RFI, HUD is seeking input on the Department’s regulations, statutes, programs and practices that directly or indirectly restrict the supply of housing or increase the cost of housing. The RFI will also consider policy interventions, solutions, or strategies available to federal, state and local policymakers that would incentivize state and local governments to review and streamline or eliminate the burdensome aspects of their regulations and practices. HUD is also planning to launch peer-reviewed research and/or representative surveys that provide quantitative analyses on the impact of regulations on the cost of affordable housing development.
"Owning a home is an essential component of the American Dream. It is imperative that we remove regulatory barriers that prevent that dream from becoming a reality," said HUD Secretary Ben Carson, who is also Chairman of the White House Council on Eliminating Regulatory Barriers to Affordable Housing. "Through this request, communities across the country will have the opportunity to identify roadblocks to affordable housing and work with State, Federal, and local leaders to remove them."
FMJ Job Listings
- Retail Personal Banker Associate II (SALES) Toledo - Fifth Third Bank - SYLVANIA, OH
- Retail Personal Banker Associate I - Fifth Third Bank - Garfield Heights, OH
- Assistant Center Manager- Rockford McFarland - Fifth Third Bank - Rockford, IL
- Loan Officer Assistant - Guild Mortgage Company - Bothell,
- Mortgage Consultant - TopLine Federal Credit Union - Maple Grove, MN
- Financial Center Manager - Chapel Hill, NC - Fifth Third Bank - Raleigh, NC