Jim Payne Named NMLS Ombudsman
July 1, 2020
The Conference of State Bank Supervisors (CSBS) named Jim Payne, director of examinations and assistant deputy commissioner for the Consumer and Mortgage Lending Division of the Kansas Office of the State Bank Commissioner, as the new Nationwide Multistate Licensing System & Registry (NMLS) ombudsman.
The NMLS ombudsman’s role provides state regulators and the industry with a neutral environment for discussing NMLS issues and policies governing the system. As NMLS ombudsman, Payne will lead constructive dialogue between NMLS users, with the goal of achieving a more modern and efficient financial services regulatory landscape.
Prior to his role as NMLS ombudsman, Payne served as co-chair of the NMLS Modernization Steering Committee, where he collaborated with other state regulators to provide insight and direction for ongoing NMLS enhancements and future development of the system. Payne also served as the CSBS District IV representative on the NMLS Policy Committee.
Payne begins his role as NMLS ombudsman following Scott Corscadden, Bureau of Loans supervisor for the Alabama State Banking Department, who had served as NMLS ombudsman since June 2016.
Subscribe to the NMP Daily
FMJ Job Listings
- Senior Vice President of Human Resources - American Heritage Credit Union - Philadelphia, PA
- Executive Vice President / Chief Operations Officer - American Heritage Credit Union - Philadelphia, PA
- Personal Banker I - Dilworth (Charlotte Area) - Fifth Third Bank - Charlotte, NC
- Personal Banker II - Dilworth - Charlotte Area - Fifth Third Bank - Charlotte, NC
- Retail Personal Banker Associate I - Midtown East - Fifth Third Bank - Raleigh, NC
- Retail Personal Banker Associate I - Cary Park - Fifth Third Bank - Cary, NC