HECM Endorsements Were Down 6% In August 2020
Reverse Mortgage Insights' breakdown of Home Equity Conversion Mortgage activity for August 2020 showed a 6% decline in endorsements for August 2020. This marks an end to four consecutive months of 4,000+ loans for the first time in a number of years, according to the RMI report.
Wholesale endorsements saw a 6.5% decrease and the retail side saw a 5.6% decrease. While overall numbers are trending downward, some of the top lenders actually saw gains in August 2020.
According to RMI, Longbridge added 499 loans, a 31% increase for the month. Meanwhile, Open Mortgage saw a 28.8% gain with 179 loans and Mutual of Omaha increased 15% with 246 loans.
Click here to see how other HECM lenders performed in August 2020.
Subscribe to the NMP Daily
FMJ Job Listings
- Mortgage Loan Specialist - Mortgage Loan Assistant I - Self-Help Federal Credit Union - Sacramento, CA
- Mortgage Escrow Analyst II - Fifth Third Bank - Cincinnati, OH
- Area Sales Manager (ASM) I - Fifth Third Bank - Raleigh, NC
- Retail Personal Banker Associate I . Bonita Springs FL . Full Time - Fifth Third Bank - Bonita Springs, FL
- Financial Center Manager Associate-- Pinellas/Pasco/Hillsborough - Fifth Third Bank - Palm Harbor, FL
- Retail Personal Banker Associate I - South Nashville Bench - Fifth Third Bank - Fairview, TN