HECM Endorsements Were Down 6% In August 2020
Reverse Mortgage Insights' breakdown of Home Equity Conversion Mortgage activity for August 2020 showed a 6% decline in endorsements for August 2020. This marks an end to four consecutive months of 4,000+ loans for the first time in a number of years, according to the RMI report.
Wholesale endorsements saw a 6.5% decrease and the retail side saw a 5.6% decrease. While overall numbers are trending downward, some of the top lenders actually saw gains in August 2020.
According to RMI, Longbridge added 499 loans, a 31% increase for the month. Meanwhile, Open Mortgage saw a 28.8% gain with 179 loans and Mutual of Omaha increased 15% with 246 loans.
Click here to see how other HECM lenders performed in August 2020.
Subscribe to the nmp Daily
FMJ Job Listings
- General Manager - Humanity Trading LLC - New York City, NY
- Real Estate Operations Administrator - SF Fire Credit Union - San Francisco, CA
- Mortgage Loan Originator (204th & Maple) - FNBO - Elkhorn,
- Universal Banker (Overland Park, KS - College/Mn) - FNBO - Overland park,
- Director, Account Resolution - First Entertainment Credit Union - Hollywood, CA
- Retail Personal Banker Associate II (Southeast Cobb) Smyrna, GA - Fifth Third Bank - Smyrna, GA