What Cities Are Millennial Homebuyers Looking At The Most?
Millennial homebuyers have become more comfortable with the idea of purchasing a home thanks to record-low mortgage rates. The knowledge of where potential clients are headed to the most is valuable information if you're looking to capitalize on making the most loans possible. In its latest post, LendingTree outlined the most popular cities for millennial homebuyers by analyzing mortgage purchase requests made on the company's platform across the 50 largest metros, from Jan. 1 through Dec. 15, 2020.
So, what cities are millennials looking to purchase a home the most? San Jose, Boston and Denver are metros where millennials make up the largest share of purchase requests, according to LendingTree.
"In San Jose, 61.79% of purchase requests came from millennials. In Boston and Denver, the numbers are 59.09% and 59.07%, respectively," according to the report.
What are the areas that millennials are staying away from the most? Las Vegas, Tampa and Phoenix have the lowest share of purchase requests among the 50 metros.
Meanwhile, LendingTree also reported that the youngest millennials homebuyers are looking at Salt Lake City, Buffalo and Detroit as their top destinations.
Check the list below to see where your metro ranks.
Subscribe to the NMP Daily
FMJ Job Listings
- Loan Officer - Guild Mortgage Company LLC - Bellevue,
- Mortgage Loan Originator - Durham Staffing Solutions - Omaha,
- Mortgage Loan Administrator - Durham Staffing Solutions - Omaha,
- Analyst, Capital Markets - JLL - Chicago, IL
- Analyst, Capital Markets - Investment Sales Advisory - JLL - Miami, FL
- Mortgage Underwriter II - Fifth Third Bank - Virtual, NA