CBC Mortgage Agency Looks To Increase Homeownership In Urban Indian Community
CBC Mortgage Agency, a tribally-owned, nationally chartered housing finance agency launched the Kani Urban Indian Housing Initiative. The initiative was created in efforts to increase homeownership within the urban Indian community, according to the press release.
CBC Mortgage also partnered with The National Urban Indian Family Coalition (NUIFC), an advocacy group for American Indian families living in urban areas, to address the housing needs of Native Americans living in urban areas.
"As a native-owned company, we recognize the unique set of challenges that the Native American community faces in becoming homeowners," said Kani Urban Indian Housing Initiative spokeswoman Tama Tsinnie (Navajo). "This new initiative will enable us to provide key resources to address the housing crisis within urban Indian communities. Currently, urban Indians spend more money on rent proportionally than non-Indian renters and similar to other communities of color lack down payment resources to facilitate homeownership. We aim to focus the Kani Urban Indian Housing Initiative on these housing issues through education, financial literacy, and securing sustainable homeownership for Native Americans, who live off the reservation."
Click here to learn more about the initiative.
Subscribe to the NMP Daily
FMJ Job Listings
- Mortgage Loan Originator. - Fifth Third Bank - Tampa, FL
- Mortgage Processor III - Fifth Third Bank - Richmond, VA
- Retail Personal Banker Associate II - Alpharetta, GA - Fifth Third Bank - Alpharetta, GA
- Retail Personal Banker Associate I - Lindbergh Plaza (Atlanta, GA) - Fifth Third Bank - Atlanta, GA
- Personal Banker Associate II - Fifth Third Bank - Charlotte, NC
- NMLS Certified Loan Processor - BMO Harris Bank - Brookfield, WI