Skip to main content

KBRA Rates Non-QM Offering NRMLT 2022-NQM5

David Krechevsky
Sep 28, 2022
Rithm Capital Corp.

The preliminary ratings are for mortgage-backed notes, with all loans originated by NewRez LLC or Caliber Home Loans.

KBRA said Wednesday it has assigned preliminary ratings to six classes of mortgage-backed notes from New Residential Mortgage Loan Trust 2022-NQM5 (NRMLT 2022-NQM5), a $262.3 million non-prime residential mortgage-backed securities (RMBS) transaction sponsored by Rithm Capital Corp. (formerly New Residential Investment Corp.). 

All of the underlying mortgages in the subject pool were originated, directly or via correspondent, by NewRez LLC (10.7%) or Caliber Home Loans (89.3%), both of which are subsidiaries of Rithm Capital. In addition, all loans will be serviced by NewRez LLC d/b/a Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing.

The underlying collateral, comprising 529 residential mortgages, is characterized by a significant concentration of loans underwritten using alternative income documentation. Borrowers in the subject pool possess a non-zero weighted average (WA) original credit score of 751 and exhibit modest equity in each mortgaged property, with WA loan-to-value (LTV) and combined LTV (CLTV) ratios of 71% each.

Approximately 71% of the loans were designated as Non-QM, as they do not benefit from safe harbor legal protections and are potentially at heightened risk of litigation-related losses, KBRA said. The remaining loans (29%) were categorized as exempt from the Ability-To-Repay/Qualified Mortgage rule, as those loans were originated for business purposes on investment properties.

KBRA assigned the preliminary ratings as follows:

  • A-1: AAA (sf)
  • A-2: AA+ (sf)
  • A-3: A (sf)
  • M-1: BBB (sf)
  • B-1: BB (sf)
  • B-2: B (sf)
  • B-3, XS-1, XS-2, A-IO-S, R: Not rated.

KBRA said its rating approach incorporated loan-level analysis of the mortgage pool through its RMBS Credit Model, an examination of the results from third-party loan file due diligence performed at the time of origination of the loans, cash-flow modeling analysis of the transaction’s payment structure, reviews of key transaction parties, and an assessment of the transaction’s legal structure and documentation. 

The full report is available at www.kbra.com (registration required).

Published
Sep 28, 2022
More from
Non-QM
Hildene Capital, CrossCountry Mortgage Partner For Non-QM Investments

Multiyear agreement offers Hildene access to CrossCountry’s scalable volume of Non-QM loans . 

Non-QM
Dec 01, 2022
Banc Of California Sues Sprout Mortgage, Planet Home Lending,

Claims Non-QM lender, servicer owe the bank more than $3.5 million

Non-QM
Dec 01, 2022
Non-QM Lender Newrez Offers Temporary Buydowns

Options offer borrowers a reduced interest rate in first years of a loan.

Non-QM
Nov 18, 2022
Logan Finance Credits OptifiNow TPO For Sales Team Growth

Non-QM wholesale lender credits CRM’s flexibility and innovative features as key to managing rapid growth.

Non-QM
Nov 17, 2022
Angel Oak Home Loans Selling Retail Lending Business

Non-QM lender selling ‘brick-and-mortar’ locations, staff to Cross Country Mortgage.

Non-QM
Nov 10, 2022
ACC Mortgage Promotes Industry Vet To Western Regional Sales Manager

Dave Greene has 30 years of experience in the mortgage industry.

Non-QM
Nov 10, 2022