Next Level LO has its roots in a meeting between Vaughan and Kenneth Travis (two native Texans) in 2015. They were relatively new to the mortgage business and got involved in some coaching. They quickly realized that some of their teammates hadn’t been directly involved in origination in a decade or more and decided that there had to be a better way.
“We wanted to make it relevant,” said Vaughan, and their company was born in December 2017.
“It’s always been a fundamental belief that we make better coaches and mentors when we’re actively in the business,” said Vaughan, who like his three fellow founders is a licensed loan officer. He currently works as a non-producing manager in Keller, Texas, just north of Fort Worth.
Initially, they coached other lenders one-on-one and had a clientele of about two dozen loan officers at a cost of $1,800 a month for two one-hour calls per month.
Then, in July 2022 they made the decision to expand their reach by making it more financially accessible and more private. Vaughan and Travis - who also have fellow co-founders Shane Kidwell and Sean Zalmanoff on their team, launched their own website - leaving Facebook- and introduced their current model. It features Next Level Community, where for $197 a year, loan officers get access to learn from and network with top industry professionals, up to the minute notifications and agency and market updates, done-for-you scripts and marketing, Next Level training camp, access to in-person events and push notifications. They can also sign up for one-on-one coaching for a separate fee if they feel they need it. The next level up, which Vaughan said is the most popular, is Community Pro. For $197 a month, members have access to everything Next Level Community has to offer, plus private accountability groups, on-demand training, access to exclusive events and daily live-stream calls. LO’s in that plan can still get one-on-one coaching for a separate fee. Finally, there is Pro-Plus, which includes everything in Community Pro with coaching included, for $997 a month.
“We’re here for 95% of the LOs out there,” Vaughan said. “The other 5% are superstars and that’s not our customer-base.”