CSBS announces officer nominees for 2009-2010 MortgagePress.comConference of State Bank Supervisors, CSBS Nominating Committee
The Conference of State Bank Supervisors Nominating Committee
announces the following recommendations for CSBS officers for
• Chairman: North Carolina Commissioner of Banks Joseph A.
Smith Jr. (chairman-elect automatically becomes chairman)
• Chairman-Elect: Iowa Superintendent of Banking Thomas B.
• Vice Chairman: Louisiana Commissioner of Financial
Institutions John P. Ducrest
• Secretary: Massachusetts Commissioner of Banks Steven L.
• Treasurer: California Commissioner of Financial
Institutions William (Bill) Haraf (two-year term)
• Immediate Past Chairman: North Dakota Commissioner of
Financial Institutions Timothy J. Karsky
As provided for in the CSBS by-laws, any member wishing to make
additional nominations must do so 10 business days before the
annual business meeting. This year's meeting will be on May 18.
Members of the Nominating Committee, chaired by Past Chairman
Jeff Vogel (Wyoming), included the five District Vice Chairs:
District 1, Lloyd P. LaFountain III (Maine); District 2, Charles A.
Vice (Kentucky); District 3, Robert M. Braswell (Georgia); District
4, Roger Novotny (South Dakota); and District 5, Brad Williamson
For more information, visit www.csbs.org.