Appraisal Institute releases newest book: The Appraisal of Nursing Facilities
The Appraisal Institute is proud to announce the release of its newest publication, The Appraisal of Nursing Facilities. In this comprehensive text, healthcare property valuation expert James K. Tellatin, MAI, explores long-term care facilities from both physical and economic perspectives, providing the insider information appraisal professionals need to take advantage of valuation opportunities in the growing senior housing industry.
"The Appraisal of Nursing Facilities is a unique resource that appraisers can use to better understand the intricacies of valuing these complex properties," explained Jim Amorin, MAI, SRA, president of the Appraisal Institute. "This book is especially helpful as it focuses on the range of different factors impacting the operations of for-profit and non-profit facilities, which no previous publication has covered in such detail."
In addition to providing appraisers with current demographic and operational data, this new text provides a wealth of practical instruction. Readers will learn how to:
● Use Medicare and Medicaid cost reports, market surveys, interviews, and sales to gather and analyze data;
● Calculate federal and state cost reimbursements;
● Forecast occupancy, census, payor mix, income and expenses;
● Apply specialized techniques to different valuation scenarios; and
● Allocate business assets and address other appraisal challenges.
"The Appraisal of Nursing Facilities is the perfect publication for appraisers looking to expand their knowledge base and grow their business," noted Amorin. "And for appraisers interested in learning how to explore valuation opportunities in the growing senior housing industry, I couldn’t recommend a better book."
For a sneak preview of what The Appraisal of Nursing Facilities has to offer, download the Appraisal Institute's free podcast here and listen in as author James K. Tellatin, MAI, shares highlights from his new book.
For more information, visit www.appraisalinstitute.org.
FMJ Job Listings
- Personal Banker Associate I - Fifth Third Bank - Roswell, GA
- Preferred Relationship Manager - Downtown Chicago - Fifth Third Bank - NAPERVILLE, IL
- Retail Personal Banker Associate II - Fifth Third Bank - NASHVILLE, TN
- Retail Personal Banker Associate II - Commerce Place - Fifth Third Bank - LA GRANGE PARK, IN
- Retail Personal Banker I - Fifth Third Bank - Michigan City, IN
- Financial Center Manager Associate - Fifth Third Bank - CLEARWATER, FL