FTC presents testimony regarding identity theft
On June 17, the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) presented testimony regarding identity theft before the U.S. House Subcommittee on Information Policy, Census, and National Archives of the Committee on Oversight and Government Reform. The testimony summarized the FTC's efforts to fight identity theft through:
► Participation on the President's Identity Theft Task Force;
► Law enforcement on data security;
► Consumer and business education; and
► Implementation of the identity theft-related provisions of the Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act (FACT Act).
The testimony also discussed the FTC's legislative recommendations on developing national data security standards, granting the FTC authority to seek civil penalties in data security cases, and passing legislation to help reduce the unnecessary use and display of social security numbers.
For a copy of the testimony, click here.
Subscribe to the nmp Daily
FMJ Job Listings
- Loan Processing Assistant - Guild Mortgage Company - Jackson,
- Transaction Coordinator - Guild Mortgage Company - Everett,
- Loan Officer Assistant - Guild Mortgage Company - Everett,
- Loan Processor II - Guild Mortgage Company - Savannah,
- Loan Processing Assistant - Guild Mortgage Company - Morgan Hill,
- Loan Processor II (REMOTE) - Guild Mortgage Company - San Diego,