Appraisal Institute hires Chitester as director of communications
The Appraisal Institute, the nation’s largest association of real estate appraisers, has announced the hiring of former White House aide Ken Chitester as director of communications. A communications aide in the Clinton White House, Chitester most recently was a public relations consultant with his own firm, Chitester Communications. He previously was vice president and deputy director of Midwest public affairs at Hill & Knowlton, one of the world’s largest communications consultancies. He will report to Appraisal Institute Chief Executive Officer Frederick H. Grubbe.
“We are thrilled to bring aboard someone with Ken’s extensive background as we expand our internal and external communications activities,” said Appraisal Institute President Jim Amorin, MAI, SRA. “The 25,000 members of the Appraisal Institute are proud of the work they do and are anxious to tell their story to a broader audience. Ken will help us increase awareness, promote understanding and communicate the value of appraisers, the appraisal profession and the Appraisal Institute.”
Chitester brings more than 14 years of public relations and public affairs consulting experience to his new position. An Indianapolis native and journalism graduate of Indiana University in Bloomington, Chitester spent six years as an award-winning newspaper reporter and editor. He also is the author of “Aboard Air Force One: 200,000 Miles with a White House Aide” (Fithian Press).
“I’m excited about the opportunity to join such a dynamic organization that promotes professional and ethical standards in a vital profession,” Chitester said. “I look forward to working with appraisers across the country and around the world to help enhance their reputation, as well as that of the profession and the Appraisal Institute."
For more information, visit www.appraisalinstitute.org.
FMJ Job Listings
- Correspondent Lending Reviewer - NASA Federal Credit Union - , MD
- Mortgage Quality Control Specialist - NASA Federal Credit Union - Bowie, MD
- Mortgage Compliance Officer/Quality Control Manager - NASA Federal Credit Union - Bowie, MD
- Risk Model Development & Validation, Sr Associate (Financial Services) - PricewaterhouseCoopers - McLean, VA
- Retail Personal Banker Associate I. - Fifth Third Bank - Garfield Heights, OH
- Financial Center Manager III - Fifth Third Bank - MARION, OH