Credit Plus Inc. introduces ID Plus
Credit Plus Inc., a leader in the credit information industry since 1928, has introduced ID Plus, a tool that checks critical mortgage application information and alerts a lender if something appears to be inaccurate. “Our commitment to detect identity fraud remains a focus at Credit Plus,” said Steve Grant, president of Credit Plus. “Mortgage professionals will easily be able to determine if there is any suspected suspicious activity on an account through our easy to read ID Plus reports.”
ID Plus reports include a summary of: fraud and active duty alerts, a determination of whether a credit freeze has been placed on an account and verification of the Social Security Number and address. The report also includes if there are other alerts noted on a file.
The Red Flag requirements instituted by the Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act of 2003 (FACTA), sections 114 and 315, regarding identity theft, went into effect on Nov. 1, 2008 and will begin being enforced on Aug. 1, 2009.
Mortgage lenders must detect, prevent and mitigate instances of customer identity theft. They must be aware of:
► Alerts, notifications or warnings from a consumer reporting agency.
► Suspicious documents or personally identifying information.
► Unusual or suspicious activity on an account.
► Notices from customers, victims of identity theft or law enforcement authorities.
For more information, visit www.creditplus.com.
FMJ Job Listings
- Risk Model Development and Validation Management - PricewaterhouseCoopers - New York, NY
- Retail Personal Banker Associate II - Fifth Third Bank - NASHVILLE, TN
- Mortgage Sales Assistant - Fifth Third Bank - ROLLING MEADOWS, IL
- Associate Wealth Management Advisor - Fifth Third Bank - Cincinnati, OH
- Retail Personal Banker Associate I - Fifth Third Bank - GRAND RAPIDS, MI
- Financial Center Manager Associate - Fifth Third Bank - GRAND RAPIDS, MI