FDIC issues list of banks examined for CRA compliance
The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) has issued its list of state non-member banks recently evaluated for compliance with the Community Reinvestment Act (CRA). The list covers evaluation ratings that the FDIC assigned to institutions in April 2009. The CRA is a 1977 law intended to encourage insured banks and thrifts to meet local credit needs, including those of low- and moderate-income neighborhoods, consistent with safe and sound operations. As part of the Financial Institutions Reform, Recovery, and Enforcement Act of 1989 (FIRREA), Congress mandated the public disclosure of an evaluation and rating for each bank or thrift that undergoes a CRA examination on or after July 1, 1990.
A consolidated list of all state non-member banks whose evaluations have been made publicly available since July 1, 1990, including the rating for each bank, can be obtained from the FDIC's Public Information Center, located at 3501 Fairfax Drive, Room E-1002, Arlington, VA 22226 (877-275-3342 or 703-562-2200), or online at www.fdic.gov.
A copy of an individual bank's CRA evaluation is available directly from the bank, which is required by law to make the material available upon request, or from the FDIC's Public Information Center.
For the July 2009 List of Banks Examined for CRA Compliance, click here.
FMJ Job Listings
- Analyst, Production Support - JLL - Charlotte, NC
- Sales and Service Manager - Undisclosed - Louisville, KY
- Retail Personal Banker - Cincinnati - Fifth Third Bank - Cincinnati, OH
- Retail Personal Banker - Cincinnati (North) - Fifth Third Bank - SPRINGBORO, OH
- Retail Personal Banker ll - Cincinnati - Fifth Third Bank - KENWOOD, OH
- Personal Banker Associate 1 - Hyde Park IL - Full Time - Fifth Third Bank - Chicago, IL