"NAMB/WEST is a great regional conference and offers an
exceptional mortgage learning experience! If it's education,
networking or just having some fun, you always go home with an
Joe Camarena, NAMB/WEST Advisory Committee Chair
The Mortgage Source, Portland, Ore.
Due to popular demand and to meet the needs of today's Mortgage Brokers, we have condensed the programming for NAMB/WEST to begin one day later, with all activities now beginning Saturday, Nov. 15. The National Association of Mortgage Brokers goal is to reduce the number of days you are away from your office and your family.
This year, we will be back at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Nev. Registration is available online, so visit www.namb.org/nambwest, click on the Attendee tab and look for "Attendee Registration." For the best room rates, make your hotel reservations today. Rates start at $187 plus tax per night. To make a reservation, Click here. There are a lot of exciting events planned for NAMB/WEST 2008. Here are just a few conference highlights:
• Saturday's Full-Day Symposium: "Back to Basics" includes topics covering loan modifications and government affairs. Also join us for a special luncheon with California Rep. Gary G. Miller (invited).
• On Monday morning, join Nancy E. West from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development for a half-day session on marketing Federal Housing Administration (FHA) programs. A special luncheon that afternoon may include invited guest, Massachusetts Rep. Barney Frank.
• Throughout the week, experience numerous hours of continuing education. Education sessions include: The ABCs of FHA; Advanced Commercial Lending; Construction to Permanent Lending; Shut the Door on Fraud; Protect Your Business: The Customer, the Law & You; 203K; Loan Processing and Loan Essentials; Shedding Light on Credit Scoring; An Introduction to Appraisal Underwriting, Truth-in-Lending Act; Nation's Fair Lending Laws; Reverse Mortgages and Reverse Mortgage Basics; ABCs of Conventional Lending; Veterans Affairs Loans, Mortgage Broker Business Ethics; and An Introduction to Ethics: A Case Study.
"NAMB/WEST, E' komo mai. This is the place to be for
education, excitement and entertainmentHAMBs ninth island. The last
and best NAMB event of 2008! A'hui ho!
Steve Higa, Hawaii Association of Mortgage Brokers Past President
Point Financial, Honolulu
More than 60 companies have already signed up to exhibit (as Aug. 1), and many more are expected. See the latest the industry has to offer here at NAMB/WEST 2008. Additional information will be included in next month's issue of The Mortgage Press. The NAMB state affiliates participating in this year's NAMB/WEST include: Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Oregon, Texas, Utah and Washington.
NAMB/WEST 2008 eight-week prize contest
Look for exciting prizes from the following states:
• Week four: Iowa and Kansas will be drawing winners on
Friday, Oct. 3.
• Week five: Montana and Nevada will be drawing winners on Friday, Oct. 10.
• Week six: New Mexico and Oklahoma will be drawing winners on Friday, Oct. 17.
• Week seven: Oregon and Utah will be drawing winners on Friday, Oct. 24.
• Week eight: Texas and Washington will be drawing winners on Friday, Oct. 31.
• The Grand Prize giveaway will be awarded on Friday, Oct. 31.
The Grand Prize includes: A one bedroom suite for up to five nights at the MGM Grand (suite type subject to availability), two tickets to KA by Cirque du Soleil and dinner for two at your choice of one of these fine MGM restaurants: Seablue, Craftsteak or Fiamma. Look for more exciting prizes in the weeks ahead! For a complete list of prizes, go to www.namb.org/nambwest, click on the Attendee section and scroll down, the updated prize listings can be found on this page.
Special add-on event!
Stay an extra day and join us for this first-time, full-day, optional mini-symposium: The In's and Out's of Commercial Mortgages. This symposium is a must-attend event if you are thinking about making the move to accept commercial loans. This event is $199 per person, but not included in your NAMB/WEST conference registration fee. Look for the following topics: Top Ten Ways to Make Your Commercial Loan Package Shine; Loan Types to Fit Your Property Type; An Economic Forecast; Know When to Hold 'Em & Know When to Fold 'Em: Tough-to-Finance Properties; and Marketing Yourself in Commercial Lending. Registration is available online, go to www.namb.org/nambwest. You do not need to be a NAMB/WEST participant to attend this event.
"You have got to go! I have been a Mortgage Broker for
28 years and plan on going every year. NAMB/WEST is the place to be
this November. The mortgage business continues to changeknow what's
going on; see you there!"
David Luna, Utah Association of Mortgage Brokers President
Atlas Home Mortgage Corporation, Salt Lake City, Utah