Angel Oak Capital Announces $146 Million-Plus Securitization
March 24, 2017
Angel Oak Capital Advisors LLC has announced that it has completed AOMT 2017-1, a $146.4 million securitization rated by both the Fitch and DBRS rating agencies.
This transaction, backed by non-qualified mortgages (non-QM), marks Angel Oak’s third securitization since 2015, accounting for more than $430 million in total securitized assets. All three securitizations are backed by mortgages originated through the firm’s two affiliated residential mortgage lenders–Angel Oak Mortgage Solutions LLC (wholesale) and Angel Oak Home Loans LLC (retail).
“This securitization is a true cross-section representation of the Angel Oak mortgage company’s production,” said Mike Fierman, co-CEO of Angel Oak Capital Advisors. “We are able to show that we can finance and securitize our production through the coordinated efforts of our affiliated companies. Having the capability to securitize our originated mortgages shows that the broad market has accepted what we do.”
Angel Oak’s loan production reached an all-time high in 2016 of more than $1 billion from loans originating in 33 states.
“Angel Oak will continue to be a leader in non-QM space because of our highly selective securitization parameters,” Fierman said. “Thanks to new regulations that have strengthened this market, the quality of collateral today is very different than in previous years. We’re committed to the continued revitalization of this market by providing high quality securitizations to meet investor demand.”
FMJ Job Listings
- Retail Personal Banker II - Mature - Fifth Third Bank - La Grange Park, IL
- PB II - Fifth Third Bank - GEORGETOWN, OH
- Mortgage Direct Sales Assistant - Fifth Third Bank - Richmond, VA
- Transaction Coordinator (Lead to Contract) - Guild Mortgage Company - Folsom,
- Loan Officer - Chadron Federal Credit Union - Chadron, NE
- Retail Personal Banker Associate II - Greensburg - Fifth Third Bank - GREENSBURG, IN