SoFi Offers Free Avocado Toast to Mortgage Borrowers
July 5, 2017
In what might one of the strangest yet tastiest promotions in mortgage market history, the online lender SoFi is promising to offer a month’s worth of home-delivered avocado toast to any borrower who takes out a home loan with the company in July.
“Buy a home using a SoFi mortgage, and you'll receive an e-mail asking whether you want regular or gluten-free bread,” said the company on its blog. “Avocados and bread will then arrive in a series of three shipments—though you'll still need to toast the bread yourself to get the full experience.”
In case you are wondering why SoFi is offering avocado toast as opposed to, say fried calamari or a chicken parmigiana sub, the inspiration for this promotion comes from a recent “60 Minutes” interview with Australian property mogul Tim Gurner, who claimed Millennials would rather spend money on “smashed avocado for $19” and “four coffees at $4 each” rather than save money for a downpayment on a home.
FMJ Job Listings
- Personal Banker Associate I - Fifth Third Bank - Roswell, GA
- Preferred Relationship Manager - Downtown Chicago - Fifth Third Bank - NAPERVILLE, IL
- Retail Personal Banker Associate II - Fifth Third Bank - NASHVILLE, TN
- Retail Personal Banker Associate II - Commerce Place - Fifth Third Bank - LA GRANGE PARK, IN
- Retail Personal Banker I - Fifth Third Bank - Michigan City, IN
- Financial Center Manager Associate - Fifth Third Bank - CLEARWATER, FL