Anti-Trump Hotel Planned for Washington
November 14, 2017
Antifa politics and the lodging sector will soon meet in the nation’s capital as a new hotel planned by and for detractors of President Trump is being designed for a site near the National Mall.
According to a Bloomberg report, Eaton Workshop is the new hotel that is being created by Katherine Lo, the daughter of Ka Shui Lo, the creator and executive chairman of Hong Kong-based Langham Hospitality Group Ltd. The Washington hotel will have 209 rooms and is the first in a series of new lodging venues that will include hotels in San Francisco, Seattle and Hong Kong.
But Lo noted that her brand will promote a progressive agenda. “We plan to have new ideas in the minibar—an activist toolkit, for example, that includes sheets with information to help you call your Congresspeople,” she said. “And if we’d been open during this year’s Women’s March, I could have seen us putting poster boards and markers in the rooms!”
While Lo acknowledged that Eaton Workshop’s politics will not be universally admired, she believed that it her duty to mix partisan ideology into this type of property. “Self-selection is definitely one of our strategies,” she said. “We wanted to emphasize that it’s a place for people who are thinking outside the box and want to effect a change in the world.”
FMJ Job Listings
- Head of Credit Risk - Private Bank - Oakwood Search - San Jose, CA
- Home Lending Manager - Northern Indiana - Ft. Wayne - JPMorgan Chase and - Fort Wayne, IN
- Credit Risk Officer II (Financial Institutions) - Santander - Dorchester Center, MA
- Personal Banker - Washington Market Locations: North WA - Northwest WA - Eastern WA and Surrounding Areas (WWA) - JPMorgan Chase and - Everett, WA
- Wholesale Account Executive - Loan Depot - Franklin, TN
- Business Banking Center Mgr I (Liberty North) at (Bank Midwest) - NBH Bank - Liberty, MO