Judge Backs Mulvaney as CFPB Acting Director
January 11, 2018
A federal judge has ruled in favor of President Trump’s appointment of Mick Mulvaney to serve as Acting Director of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB).
The Associated Press reports that Judge Timothy Kelly issued a 46-page opinion that rejected an effort by Leandra English, the Deputy Director of the CFPB, to gain the Acting Director job. “Because the court has determined that English is not likely to succeed on the merits, the balance of the equities would necessarily weigh against granting her an injunction,” Kelly said in his opinion.
This is the second court ruling against English, who was appointed by outgoing CFPB Director Richard Cordray prior to his resignation. English still holds the position of Deputy Director.
FMJ Job Listings
- Underwriter - CBRE - Newport Beach, CA
- Senior Vice President, Marketing - Alaska USA Federal Credit Union - Anchorage, AK
- VAS - Vice President - CBRE - Boise, ID
- Underwriter - CBRE - Oak Brook, IL
- External Mortgage Loan Officer - Anheuser-Busch Employees' Credit Union - St. Louis, MO
- Chief Lending Officer - Credit Union of Georgia - Woodstock, GA