Amazon Eyeballs Potential Checking Account Service
March 6, 2018
In the not-too-distant future, mortgage borrowers may be making home loan payments via a checking account run by an e-commerce titan.
According to a Financial Times report, Amazon is holding discussions with JPMorgan Chase for a potential partnership that would enable the Seattle-based company to offer customers checking account-type products. The talks are still in their earliest stages and both companies declined to comment on the story, but this would be the latest effort by Amazon to become a financial services industry player—since 2011, the e-commerce site originated $3 billion in small business loans via businesses operating on its Marketplace platform.
However, the Amazon-JPMorgan Chase discussions are not exclusive. The Wall Street Journal reported Amazon was holding similar talks with Capital One, the Virginia-based bank.
FMJ Job Listings
- Mortgage Loan Officer - Tucson, AZ - OneAZ Credit Union - Tucson, AZ
- Mortgage loan Officer - Sedona, AZ - OneAZ Credit Union - Sedona, AZ
- Vice President, Business Development, Technology Partnerships - National MI - Emeryville, CA
- Mortgage Lending Manager - Heritage Credit Union - Madison, WI
- Sr. Mortgage Sales & Wholesale Manager - Bellco Credit Union - Denver, CO
- Mortgage Loan Originator - Republic Bank - Louisville, KY