Amazon Eyeballs Potential Checking Account Service
March 6, 2018
In the not-too-distant future, mortgage borrowers may be making home loan payments via a checking account run by an e-commerce titan.
According to a Financial Times report, Amazon is holding discussions with JPMorgan Chase for a potential partnership that would enable the Seattle-based company to offer customers checking account-type products. The talks are still in their earliest stages and both companies declined to comment on the story, but this would be the latest effort by Amazon to become a financial services industry player—since 2011, the e-commerce site originated $3 billion in small business loans via businesses operating on its Marketplace platform.
However, the Amazon-JPMorgan Chase discussions are not exclusive. The Wall Street Journal reported Amazon was holding similar talks with Capital One, the Virginia-based bank.
FMJ Job Listings
- Retail Personal Banker Associate I - Fifth Third Bank - Riverview, FL
- Financial Center Manager I - Fifth Third Bank - Largo, FL
- Retail Personal Banker Associate I - Fifth Third Bank - St. Petersburg, FL
- Retail Personal Banker Associate II - Fifth Third Bank - ST. CLAIR, MI
- Financial Center Manager I - Fifth Third Bank - Clearwater, FL
- Retail Personal Banker Associate II (SALES) - Fifth Third Bank - Tiffin, OH