Michael R. Bright Nominated as Ginnie Mae President
May 16, 2018
President Trump has nominated Michael R. Bright to become the next President of the Government National Mortgage Association, also known as Ginnie Mae.
Bright has served as Ginnie Mae’s Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer since July 2017. If confirmed, he will replace Ted Tozer, who served for nearly seven years before resigning in January 2017.
Prior to joining Ginnie Mae, Bright was Director of Financial Markets at the Milken Institute and Senior Vice President of BlackRock/PennyMac. Before that, Bright served in the federal government as Senior Financial Policy Advisor for Sen. Bob Corker (R-TN) was the principal staff author of S.1217, the "Corker-Warner" GSE reform bill that passed the Senate Banking Committee the following year.
From 2009 to 2010, he was as a Mortgage Data Analyst in Large Bank Supervision at the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC).
FMJ Job Listings
- Mortgage Loan Underwriter - Tulsa Federal Credit Union - Tulsa, OK
- Retail Personal Banker Associate I-Shelby - Fifth Third Bank - BRIGHTON, MI
- Mortgage Loan Originator - Fifth Third Bank - GEORGETOWN, KY
- Financial Center Manager Associate - 222 South Riverside Plaza Chicago IL - Fifth Third Bank - Chicago, IL
- CRA Loan Specialist - Fifth Third Bank - Southfield, MI
- Emerging Mortgage Loan Specialist - Fifth Third Bank - LOUISVILLE, KY