Susan Stewart of SWBC Mortgage Nominated as MBA Vice Chair
June 12, 2018
The Mortgage Bankers Association (MBA) has announced that Susan T. Stewart, Chief Executive Officer of SWBC Mortgage, has been nominated to serve as Vice Chairman for the 2019 membership year. She will be elected by MBA members at the Association’s 105th Annual Convention this October in Washington, D.C.
“Susan is an outstanding leader and a well-respected voice on the most important issues facing our industry,” said MBA Chairman Dave Motely, CMB, President of Fort Worth, Texas-based Colonial Savings FA. “In addition to MBA, I’ve worked with her at the Texas Mortgage Bankers Association, and am confident her talents will serve her well in this role.”
Stewart currently serves as a member of MBA’s Board of Directors, sits on MBA’s Residential Board of Governors (RESBOG), and is on the Board of the MBA Opens Doors Foundation (ODF). In addition to serving on ODF’s Board, both Stewart and SWBC Mortgage have been recognized as Guardian level donors of the organization.
She is a Past President of the Texas Mortgage Bankers Association and the San Antonio Mortgage Bankers. Also, Stewart was appointed to the Texas Mortgage Industry Advisory Committee by the Commissioner of the Texas Savings and Mortgage Banking Division. In 2009, she received the Texas Mortgage Bankers Distinguished Service Award.
Stewart joined SWBC in 1989 and serves as the Chief Executive Officer of SWBC Mortgage Corporation. Under her leadership, SWBC Mortgage has grown from three employees to 615 individuals operating in 39 states with annual sales of $3 billion and a servicing portfolio exceeding $10 billion.
FMJ Job Listings
- Premier Banker Unlicensed 1 - Wells Fargo - Mount Pleasant, SC
- Premier Banker 1 - Wells Fargo - Mount Pleasant, SC
- Financial Crimes Manager 4 - FIG Financial Crimes Administration Manager - Wells Fargo - Washington, DC
- Financial Crimes Manager 4 - FIG Financial Crimes Administration Manager - Wells Fargo - Philadelphia, PA
- Premier Banker Unlicensed 1 - Wells Fargo - Bellaire, TX
- Premier Banker 1 - Wells Fargo - Arcadia, CA