NRMLA Takes New Aim at Elder Abuse Awareness
June 18, 2018
The National Reverse Mortgage Lenders Association (NRLMA) is shining a new spotlight on elder abuse with the release of a new consumer brochure addressing this disturbing subject.
The free brochure titled “Recognize & Report Elder Financial Abuse” provides resources and information for seniors and their loved ones on how to identify scams, fraud and exploitation aimed at the elderly, with information on where to report threatening and criminal behavior. The brochure was released on June 15 as part of the observance of World Elder Abuse Awareness Day and is available for free download from the NRMLA Web site: ReverseMortgage.org/ReportFraud.
"As professionals who serve older homeowners, we have a special responsibility to ensure the safety and fair treatment of seniors," said NRMLA Executive Vice President Steve Irwin. "NRMLA's new brochure, which we encourage all members to print and share widely, is another example of our work to raise awareness about the increasing number of financial crimes perpetrated against seniors and steps we can all take to report mistreatment."
FMJ Job Listings
- Sr. Mortgage Sales & Wholesale Manager - Bellco Credit Union - Denver, CO
- Mortgage Loan Originator - Republic Bank - Louisville, KY
- Mortgage Loan Originator - Republic Bank - Saint Petersburg, FL
- Mortgage Underwriter - First Financial Bank - Fort Worth, TX
- Account Representative - MGIC - Minneapolis, MN
- AVP and Senior Director, Fixed Income, Risk and Analytics - Lincoln Financial Group - Wayne, PA