New MBA Council Focuses on Commercial Real Estate
October 23, 2018
The Mortgage Bankers Association (MBA) has created the Capital Council, consisting of commercial real estate finance professionals from MBA member firms.
The new body, which will replace the MBA’s Investor Council, is designed to formulate ideas about investment in commercial real estate debt. It will also present information on market trends and develop best practices and industry standards. Council members will include professionals from life insurance companies, banks, securitized lenders, debt funds and government-backed capital sources.
Jack Maher, Managing Director with Hartford Investment Management Company, was named Chairman of the Council, which will be staffed by MBA’s Director of Commercial/Multifamily Andrew Foster. The Capital Council is the MBA’s fourth body focused on commercial real estate finance, joining the Origination Council, Servicer Council and Multifamily Council.
“The Capital Council is designed to be a valuable resource for those who shape and influence decisions on commercial real estate finance investment committees,” said Robert D. Broeksmit, MBA President and Chief Executive Officer. “I encourage MBA members with an interest in developing business relationships and sharing their insights with key decision-makers in the commercial real estate finance industry to join and add their voice to the conversation.”
FMJ Job Listings
- Jr. Compliance Specialist- Fair Lending - NFM LENDING - Linthicum Heights, MD
- Mortgage Loan Officer- Leads Provided - Base + Commission - EECU - Fort Worth, TX
- Mortgage Processor - Credit Union of Georgia - Marietta, GA
- Retail Personal Banker Associate II - Fifth Third Bank - XENIA, OH
- Retail Personal Banker Associate II - Fifth Third Bank - OAKWOOD, OH
- Area Sales Manager (ASM) I - Fifth Third Bank - BRENTWOOD, TN