Redfin and Notarize Team for Online Homebuying
November 14, 2018
Redfin and the fintech firm Notarize are partnering to allow homebuyers to close a property purchase entirely online.
In this new partnership, customers of Title Forward, Redfin's title and settlement company, and Redfin Mortgage, the Seattle-based company's lending arm, can complete their closing in a digital environment. The first borrower to use this process was a Texas homebuyer on Nov. 2, and the companies are planning to promote this option to encourage further borrower activity.
"For homebuyers, this means you can choose the time and place to sign your documents, whether that's from the comfort of your couch or on your phone in the moving truck outside your new home," said Jason Bateman, Head of Redfin Mortgage.
Pat Kinsel, Founder and CEO of Notarize, said, "Our closing solution is a natural fit for Redfin because their customers are accustomed to a digital, mobile product. No longer do customers have to leave work, find a babysitter, coordinate schedules or travel to 'The Closing.' Our technology integrates to seamlessly to deliver an easy, intuitive experience, so that buyers can get on to moving and unpacking boxes in their new home."
FMJ Job Listings
- Underwriter - CBRE - Newport Beach, CA
- Senior Vice President, Marketing - Alaska USA Federal Credit Union - Anchorage, AK
- VAS - Vice President - CBRE - Boise, ID
- Underwriter - CBRE - Oak Brook, IL
- External Mortgage Loan Officer - Anheuser-Busch Employees' Credit Union - St. Louis, MO
- Chief Lending Officer - Credit Union of Georgia - Woodstock, GA